Whether you are going for a warm, comfort soup, or a fresh summer soup, this is a great starting point. Don’t be turned off by the idea of a bowl of cauliflower! It has such a mild flavor that you can easily add any seasoning to adjust it to your liking!
Cauliflower, onion, and a dab of butter make the base a rich, filling start. And adding in fresh coconut milk brings in a silky creamy texture with a dose of easily-digested, healthy fats. Finish it off with spicy nutmeg for a winter treat, go for a sprinkle of refreshing dill in the summer; or add in exotic curry powder for a unique taste sensation.
2 shallots (or small onions)
1 head cauliflower (about 1 Lb)
1 1/2 Tbs butter
2-3 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar (or to taste)
1-2 cups water (or stock)
1 1/2 cup coconut milk (home made if possible!)
salt, pepper to taste
Favorite seasoning (nutmeg, dill, or curry are all good!)
1. Finely dice shallots, and cut cauliflower into small bits
2. Use butter to saute onions, till translucent, then add cauliflower and Apple Cider Vinegar
3. Add half the water (or as needed) to cook the cauliflower until tender. Add remaining water and simmer about 10 minutes.
4. Turn off heat, and let cool slightly.
5. Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper
6. Put in food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. If your blender is a little weak, you may want to strain the mixture after blending; or leave the chunks in there for texture!
7. Season as desired with favorite herbs or spices!